My photo
Athens, Ohio, United States
"Art and love are the same thing. It's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you."

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

Here is what I am thankful for this year:
  • Friends.
  • Family
  • All that other crap
  • Cats
  • Milky Way bars
  • The one pair of jeans that survived the first quarter
  • LeBron James and the Witness Mo Boobie era in Cleveland basketball
  • Saturday Night Live's election coverage
  • My re-discovery of Pokemon Diamond's brilliance
  • My sanity
  • The significantly above-average summer movie season
  • Super Bowl XLII
  • Finding Arcade Fire's Neon Bible on my iPod.
  • Blogging (the definition of "mixed blessing")
  • Tony Gonzalez and Greg Jennings saving my Fantasy Football season
  • Not having to work
  • Jesse Jackson's earnest reaction to Barack Obama's victory
  • Jesse Jackson saying a few months earlier that he wanted to "cut (Barack's) nuts off."
  • Discovering BBC America
  • My subscription to Time
  • Figuring out how to use my Macbook
  • Cliff Lee's Cy Young
That's all. Now go eat some damn turkey!

No comments: