Oh, Twinsburg, how I've missed you! I have had a few hometowns in my day, but you, Burg, you take the cake. I promise I will go for more walks, talk to more human beings in person (provided they are Twinsburgian) and frequent your many splendid restaurants and attractions.
The show will now go on, albeit from a different home-base. Just know that your resident blogger will be writing from a 44087 area code for six weeks and not a 45701. I can't imagine that changing the content of the blog much more (aside from making the tone far more cheery, optimistic and humane). I rarely blog about local Athens issues anyway, unless something in The Post or Athens News catches my eye. Maybe you will even see a blog or two about uniquely Northeast Ohio issues or events.
So keep reading and check out the Sunday Morning Links. I will be rolling around on my front lawn, kissing the beautiful Northeast Ohio soil.
- Here is an splendidly entertaining article about one of the more bizarre "sports" ever. And yes, I just used "splendidly" in a sentence.
- Entertainment Weekly gives you an early Christmas present: a list of the Top 25 Entertainers of the Year. I must say, #1 wasn't necessarily a surprise.
- James Berardinelli, the best film critic you don't know exists, argues for a fairly dramatic decision regarding a sequel to a certain film that may or may not have starred a Welshman dressed as a bat.
- From the "This is what Hell must be like" department is this horrific medical affliction. Can you imagine the tragedy of only being able to recognize Sean Connery's rough Scottish brogue?
- And finally, Entertainment Weekly tracks down a certain anonymous celebrity that you are definitely going to want to read about.
That's all, readers. Enjoy home!