My photo
Athens, Ohio, United States
"Art and love are the same thing. It's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you."

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Morning Links pt. 21

Only 7 days until Pitchers and Catchers report....only 7 days until Pitchers and Catchers report...

This is all I can do to keep myself sane while I spend my days hobbling across 17-inch-thick ice and praying that the white cascade of death doesn't fall from the sky to smother us all again. I have seen the sun about six times in the last thirty days, I think.

Baseball can't come soon enough. In the meantime, the links will have to suffice.

- I have no idea why I don't shave symbols into my head. I am shocked that Boobie hasn't shaved a middle finger into his quaff yet.

- If Dunkin Donuts is taking aim at the Starbucks dynasty, I feel the need to take sides now. I am with Dunkin Donuts, through and through. I think the only reason I went home this weekend is so I could have a large hazelnut with cream and sugar. Maybe I should shave "DD" into my hair.

- Anybody who wonders why I love the Oscars so much need only read this article. I know the politics of it all are probably why most people hate the Oscars but I feel that when you introduce politics into ANYTHING it makes it more interesting. If there was wheeling, dealing and corruption in Professional Hackeysack, I would probably watch it.

- This just in: Students journalists are kind of concerned about their prospective field.

- And finally, my brother is in a band called Saints and Poets. Last weekend they juuuust fell short of being named the best High School band in Northeast Ohio. Oh and they rock. Listen and become a fan right now.

Enjoy the week! 

And remember: only 6 days until Pitchers and Catchers report....only 6 days until Pitchers and Catchers report...

No comments: