My photo
Athens, Ohio, United States
"Art and love are the same thing. It's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you."

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Morning Links pt. 23

I must say, Internet, I am pretty disappointed with the reaction to my Oscar prediction blog.

To call it "lackluster" would be inaccurate because that actually implies that there was any kind of feedback at all. A more appropriate term would be "non-existent".

Come on, guys! This is an event nearly 19 years in the making. I am staking my entire reputation, nay, my entire LIFE on the outcome of these predictions. This is my attempt to become the Undisputed Media and Entertainment king of the Blogosphere. I need support in this grand ambition.

I considered withholding your Sunday Morning Links this week to punish you, but I don't think anyone actually enjoys it, so actually publishing one would be a worse punishment.

- Surprise, surprise, George W. is not ranked as the best President of all time.

- The Onion may have outdone themselves on this one. I don't think there is a better beacon of Journalistic quality than the Onion right now.

- In an age of declining readership and ad-revenue, there is really only one stat that matters to newspapers anymore. What an awesome list!

- Speaking of awesome lists, Entertainment Weekly counts down the Top 25 best active film directors

- And finally, you knew something like this was going to happen soon.

That's all for today. Go read my Oscar prediction column. I am going to be breathing into a brown paper bag to still my nerves until 8:00.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commented on it!!!!



I love the onion<3

Anonymous said...

Would you like some friendly wagering on your predictions to heighten the interest. Nothing like gambling to perk America's capitalistic soul around predicting outcomes

The A.G.B said...

I wager my soul. What are you putting up?