My photo
Athens, Ohio, United States
"Art and love are the same thing. It's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you."

Monday, March 30, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

You know something is going on when I whip the Bowie out.

That's right, it is time for some wholesale changes in my blogging life. The Collective(ly) Unconscious is no longer a semi-daily blog. The Collective(ly) Unconscious is now more of a whenever-I-feel-like-it-blog.

As I've said before: I originally started this blog so that I would be forced to write very frequently and in great quantity. I feel that I have accomplished this original goal of mine and that is now the time to move onto bigger and better things.

Namely: quality over quantity.

I know that I can sit in front of a laptop and crank out a lengthy or not-so-lengthy piece every day. Now, I am at a point in my life and development that I would like to grow as a writer. And, however many times I try to convince myself otherwise, writing a public essay everyday is not very conducive to growth and good writing. Let's face it: sometimes I have been lazy.

Also, I am about to be quite busy. And it would simply be too much of a pain in the ass to feel the need to compose something everyday. This quarter I am taking 19 hours of classes, working closely with Society of Professional Journalists, acting as Associate Web Editor for Backdrop and training to be an RA. And that's not even counting the job I will inevitably have to get...

So from henceforth you can expect three things from me every week.

1. A new Athena Movie Review at Backdropmag.com every Thursday
2. A new piece at Bojay's Baseball Blog every Saturday
3. A new Sunday Morning Links here every Sunday (duh)

Aside from those three things, I cannot promise there will be new material. If a see or hear something that inspires me to write or comment on, I will; and if I don't see or hear anything that inspires me to write or comment on, I won't.

The Collective(ly) Unconscious will still exist and will still continue to focus on the media, culture and entertainment as well as local issues from Athens and Twinsburg. But I will not be writing new material as diligently as I used to.

So crank up the Bowie and wipe your tears, it's Changin' time!

*UPDATE* Well, that didn't last long. I read the following in the Athens News today and just HAD to link to it. 

No comments: